SAFTD Fundamentals (F.A.S.T. Handgun)
The goal of the Second Amendment Foundation Training Division's “F.A.S.T Handgun” course is to provide the student with a solid foundation in basic knowledge of handgun "Fundamentals and Safety Training" on your specific handgun, a basic understanding of ammunition and how it functions as well as shooting fundamentals.
A person new to the use of a firearm for personal defense typically has a broad range of questions and is faced with learning a number of skills that are critical in the safe use of a firearm – in this case a handgun. F.A.S.T Handgun is specifically designed to provide a person new to handguns the opportunity to gain that knowledge and learn the basics of operation, cleaning and maintenance, safety and much more in a convenient 7-10 hour course.
F.A.S.T Handgun Training includes (but isn't limited to):
- Safe handling of your firearm
- Gun safety rules
- Safe storage of your firearm and ammunition
- Basic components of a your handgun
- Operation of your handgun
- Shooting fundamentals
- Clearing common stoppages
- Selecting a handgun and ammunition
- Cleaning and maintaining your handgun
F.A.S.T Handgun Training Required Equipment:
- A modern, serviceable, handgun
- Ear and eye protection (electronic muffs preferred).
- 200 rounds of ammunition: factory fresh ammo only - NO RELOADS or specialty ammo
- Comfortable clothing
- Hydration system or bottled water
- Shoes – comfortable with sufficient support to permit full range of motion - no sandals or flip-flops
- Long pants and a shirt with higher collar
- Baseball Cap
|Event End Date||03-04-2017|
|Location||Southern Indiana Rifle and Pistol Club|